Note: Stethoscope sounds can be recorded in consults where the providers using a Jabber Client.
Thinklabs offers an application called Thinklabs Phonocardiography (also titled Thinklabs Audacity) that allows a provider to record stethoscope sounds as well as provides visuals. It’s simply a modified version of Audacity that contains additional features for use in the Telehealth realm.
Thinklabs Audacity is available for both Mac and Windows.
|Mac OS||Download Link|
|Windows OS||Download Link|
|User’s Guide||View Online|
|Note: The above downloads are located on external servers and are property of their respective owners.|
Using Thinklabs Audacity to record stethoscope sounds while in a consult
- Launch Thinklabs either before joining the remote consult on Jabber or while the consult is in session.
- Notify the users on the far end that you will begin recording so that they can try and reduce the amount of controllable background sounds.
- Navigate your Thinklabs Audacity window and start the recording by selecting the record button from the Control Toolbar.
- Once you are at a point that you’d like to end the recording, simply select the stop button from the Control Toolbar.
- Now you may play the recording back to analyze it by selecting the playback button form the Control Toolbar.